1. The number shown on this form is my correct taxpayer identification number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued to me), and
2. I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding, and
3. I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person (defined below).
Our goal is to provide exceptional service to events across California and Las Vegas. Whether it is a small house party, a wedding, or a large corporate event; our clients and their guests deserve five star service. Always go above and beyond, try to be one step ahead of the client, to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.EVENT BOOKING PROCESS:• Text Messages will be sent out to determine availability for upcoming events.
• You will confirm your availability via text message
• A booking email will be sent out with all of the staff details.
• Upon reception of the booking email you will be responsible for completion of all responsibilities listed in booking email.
• If a situation arises and you will be unable to arrive at the event on time and in compliance with the following guidelines notify a Night & Day representative as soon as possible.
• It is essential to read and understand all event specific instructions.
• Confirmation Messages are sent out on the day before the event.
o Please confirm before 6:00pm or you will be replaced for your shift.
o Do not confirm until you have read the information in the email. Information such as start times do change.
o If there is inconsistent or contradictory information please clarify which information is correct.ATTIRE:
Presentation is very important in this industry. Always arrive to events fully-dressed and ready to begin working.
• Standard Uniform includes;
o Long Sleeve Black Button Up Dress Shirt
o Long Black Tie
o Black Slacks (No Jeans)
o Black Dress Shoes – Non Slip (no slippers, house shoes, or casual footwear)
• If weather requires warm clothing professional jackets or sweaters may be worn in addition to the standard uniform
o Jackets must be black suit jackets or wool jackets
o Black sweaters or sweater vests may be worn
o No sweatshirts may be worn
• Clothes need to be neatly pressed
• Shirt tucked in and Tie on prior to entering the event
• Gentlemen should be clean shaven
• Ladies Hair should be neatly pulled back into a bun and makeup clean & fresh (no bright eye or lip colors; unless otherwise noted in the booking emails)
• Facial piercings must be removed for the event.
• If attire is provided by Night & Day Productions or the Event Client, then you must arrive onsite with hair & makeup already done.
• Any attire provided by the client or NDP must be returned at the end of the event.SUPPLIES:
Having the proper tools is key to success
• Bartenders will be responsible for bringing; martini shakers, stirrer, jigger, muddler, speed pours, bar towels, cutting board, knife, garnish tray, beer & wine opener.CLOCK-IN & GREETINGS:
Remember that first impressions are lasting. One of the easiest ways to impress our clients is with punctuality. You can create a positive image for yourself and the company with a neat appearance and friendly greeting.
• You must check in via text to (562)972-8218 and enter your first name and last initial and weather you are clocking-in or out and include the time.
o Client billings and independent contractor payroll is based on these clock-ins.
o Clock-ins will begin upon scheduled time or arrival whichever is later.
? Early clock-ins cannot be compensated unless client understands and agrees to additional charges.
? In this instance the office must be notified on the day of the event that the client has agreed to early clock-in time and charges.
o Traffic Conditions - Tardiness blamed on unexpected traffic is unacceptable.
o Event related vehicle congestion may make locating parking difficult; Allocate several minutes for parking and walking.
o Please note that the client is not aware of your arrival time, unless you greet them and make your presence evident.
o Staff failing to clock-in and clock-out will not be compensated.
• If you are the only Night & Day representative; upon arrival, confirm event-layout/timeline of responsibilities with the client prior to setup.
• If there is an event-lead present please allow event-lead to manage client-directions and timetable expectations. They will be your sole contact and give direction for the event.
• Regardless of the reason; PLEASE CALL IF YOU ARE RUNNING LATE! It is much easier to call a client ten minutes before a staff-member is late, than deal with an upset client. Furthermore, your lead staff member will need to cover all spots regardless of the number of staff present.
• Bring all details emailed to you for the event. (Ex. timelines, menus, floor plans, etc.)PASSING OUT BUSINESS CARDS:
Business cards help keep us in mind. Let guests know your name so they can request you specifically.
• Always have business cards during the event, here are examples of the best times to hand out cards:
o Bartenders should have cards on the bar. If you notice someone pick up a card while you make drinks, encourage them to keep it and use it as a gateway to discuss our services.
o If a guest asks for pricing
o When you hear someone refer to having bartenders, waiters, casino tables, and other offered services as a great idea
o If a guest asks how the client found your services
• Promote Night & Day at appropriate times with other vendors by exchanging business cards; including Venue managers, and event-wedding planners.
• Understand the services offered by Night & Day Productions. www.ndpstaff.com
o Wait Staff Services
o Flair Bartenders
o Promotional Models
o Casino Tables & Dealers
• Be aware of the areas Night & Day Productions provides service.
o All of California
o Las Vegas
• If you have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or linked in account: follow us, like us, and refer your friends. The bigger our network the better!
• When you see something interesting at an event: a new trend, a celebrity, or anything else noteworthy. Let us know and we will use it for our social media content!
• You may only pass out and promote Night & Day Productions. If you promote yourself or another company you will not be paid for the event and will not be scheduled for any future events.
o There are situations where we cannot promote Night & Day Productions.
? When subcontracted by catering companies and certain event planners, we will not be allowed to display business cards or broadcast that you work for Night & Day Productions. You must say that you work for the subcontracting catering company. These clients are an expanding portion of our business and it is very important that we maintain their satisfaction and subsequent business. Notification will always be given if event is subcontracted.BREAKS:
• If you need to take a break during the event, please do so outside of the event area. This includes smoke breaks. (under no circumstances should you smoke in front of guests)
• Prior to taking a break notification must be given to the event lead or client.
• Breaks should be limited to 5-10 minutes.
• Do not leave the event site during a break
• You are only to eat food when the client themselves offer or the caterer brings a plate of food. Eating should be done very discreetly.
o Please eat prior to arriving at the event site. We will not always be provided with food or have the opportunity to eat it. Please bring your own water.
o For longer events bring a snack as we are not guaranteed to have scheduled breaks or meals provided.
o Guests should not be able to see you eat.ADDITIONAL HOURS & PAYMENTS:
• When working without an event lead or banquet captain
o 20 minutes prior to the scheduled event-end, you must approach the client and inquire if they would like to hire staff for additional time or prefer to have the final cleanup completed. Any additional time on site must be authorized.
o Waiters: When a noteworthy amount of cleanup is remaining, you must notify the client that the cleanup is unlikely to be finished in the next 20 minutes. If they do not wish you to stay later; do as much as much possible in the last 20 minutes. If everything is primarily done; do a final sweep of the event area and say good-bye to the Client.
• In the instance of overtime, approach the client 15 minutes prior to the newly-scheduled end time and inquire if cleanup should begin or more overtime is required.
• All Payments are collected by office staff; if client inquires about the cost of additional hours please refer them to their contract.
• Any additional time not verbally authorized by the client or contact on site will not be paid.
• IF THE CLIENT HAS NOT APPROVED ADDITIONAL TIME YOU MUST LEAVE THE EVENT SITE. YOU MAY NOT STAY ANY LATER FOR ANY REASON. FOR EXAMPLE;
o The Client or guests of client invite you to hang out with them after the event. This is unprofessional and we do not allow it. Politely decline.
o Offer to have you stay and work for tips onlySAYING GOOD BYE & CHECK-OUT:
• Waiters Final Clean Up:
o Consider it is our goal to ensure that the client never steps foot in their kitchen; furthermore, their home /venue/ office should not be a disaster the following day.
o Maintaining the event area is a huge part of why our clients hire us and a great way to WOW!
? Throughout the evening, put dishes in dishwasher or wash them as needed
? Take out the trash
? Maintain restroom cleanliness
? Pick up trash throughout the party area
? Put away leftovers towards the end of the evening.
? If you ever feel like you lack anything to do. FIND SOMETHING TO CLEAN
• Bartender Final Clean up
o Offer to put away leftover beverages
o Take out the trash
o Wipe down bar area
o Following the final cleanup, find the client and say goodbye and thank you. Be sure to give them a business card, which is the best way to secure repeat business. Additionally, the goodbye is the most typical time for a client to give you gratuity and feedback on service.
• Please report event details: including all positive and negative happening throughout the afternoon or evening. All incidents should be reported such that issues can be addressed with the client before they begin potential complaints. A proactive strategy is a winning strategy.
o With the check-out text staff will give a brief rundown of the event including positive and negative comments from guests/ clients. Also send in any photos from the site.
o You must check out via text to (562)972-8218 and enter your first name and last initial and weather you are clocking in or out.
o If you would like to submit a detailed description of the event or a specific incident please use the report form https://nightanddayproductions.com/reportPAYROLL:
All payroll can be resolved using our lost or missing check form http://nightanddayproductions.com/payroll/missing-or-lost-check Please do not call or text with these inquires.
• Payroll is processed only on Mondays. Please be aware holidays may delay check delivery.
• Paperwork including this independent contractor and the W-9 tax form must be filled out in full. Paperwork received after 5pm on Sunday will not be processed until the following week. Checks will also not be processed until the following week.
• All receipts for parking or reimbursements must be sent with your check-out from the event.
• Travel expenses (gas, travel time, etc.) will not be reimbursed. Travel expenses must be approved prior to event detail confirmation.
• Compensation for events will be in the form of a check.
o Checks are valid for 21 Days.
o If replacement checks are requested less than 21 days from issuance a cancelation fee will be taken from the pay total to match the banks fees.
o If replacement checks are requested after 21 days from original pay date no fees will be assessed.
• In the event that you move, please let us know through our website http://nightanddayproductions.com/payroll/change-of-address
• All wages will be forfeited if paperwork is not received within 90 days of event date.Wages may be garnished or withheld if the independent contractor is found not in compliance with the conditions in this handbook.ZERO TOLERANCE:
• We do not tolerate drinking alcohol or any substance use on the job for any reason.
• Please do not use cell phones on the event site.
• Do not remove anything from the site (even with an invitation)
• Non-Disparagement: You shall not in any way undertake to harm, injure or disparage the Company, its officers, managers, or vendors, or in any other way exhibit an attitude of hostility toward them.
• You will not at any time provide negative reviews or feedback about the company. This includes verbal, written or suggested, and on any form of media or social activity.I hereby grant the Night & Day Productions permission to use my likeness in a photograph and any photographs I have taken in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of Night & Day Productions and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocably authorize the Night & Day Productions to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photo for any lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph.I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the Night & Day Productions from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
I hereby agree to hold harmless Night & Day Productions, in the event that I may cause damage or injury to myself or any other party. I agree to hold Night & Day Productions, its members, directors and employees free and harmless from any and all liability and to indemnify the Night & Day Productions its officers, directors, employees, and agents for any costs, judgments, awards or attorney’s fees or expenses of any kind which may incur as a result of myself working for them.